Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Update on Norman's Lump

We finally got the results on the lump removed from Norman's eyelid a couple of weeks ago - it was indeed squamous cell carcinoma, but in its earliest stages, so it's unlikely that it had spread.  All we have to do is keep an eye on the eyelid (odd sequence of words!) in case it recurs at the same spot.  It's likely it was a result of sun damage to the pink skin around his eye.  If we can get him to wear a fly mask this summer, that could help - we've had mixed success with this - if Norman wants it off, he'll figure out a way to get it off!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you caught it in time! I know it's a challenge with the fly masks! I'm always resewing them from tug o war games with the horses! Too bad they don't make sunglasses of sorts! Hey maybe there's a silver lining here? LOL! You know when your dealt a problem there is always a solution....that's how all these people make mula! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you caught it in time. Just have a talk with him and tell him it's fly masks or he's in for the day. Maybe he will be a good boy and listen this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you could put some sunscreen around his eyse too, I suppose. Don't they make it in purple? You were wise to have the surgery so quickly. I add my hopes that it is gone for good and Norman will be just fine for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you caught it quickly. If you figure out how to get him to keep his fly mask on, I'd like to know what trick you use. I don't have much luck with those things either although I'm pretty sure the horses think they are fun toys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for Norman that you were on top of this quickly. I hear you in regards to keeping the fly mask on . . . sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's scary. I'm so glad it was caught in an early stage. Another reason to like fly masks. I have one who loves hers, and comes to me to put it on, and another who is an equine Houdini and can get it off no matter how secure it is.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - we appreciate it. No spam or marketing comments will be published.