In the morning while Maisie's stall is being cleaned, I move her to another stall - she's walking really well and I think things are clearing up - it's pretty clear there's no abscess involved. When she gets back in her stall, I've been poulticing her left front from the fetlock joint down - it actually feels very good on my hands which tend to get dried out, and Maisie manages to get poultice on her nose and my jacket while I'm doing it. I'm hoping the vet will clear her on Monday for limited turnout - we may need some chemical assistance (Ace) to make this safe for her, but we'll see. Once she can be turned out for a bit, we can begin to consider our move to the new barn.
Saturday morning, when I went to take mares out, I discovered that a section of the fence in the pasture I was taking the mares to had blown down in the night (big storm) - a bad post went down and took several boards with it. This meant we didn't have a safe perimeter for 3 pastures - there would have only been electric between the horses and the outside - so Sugar's owner and I rearranged pastures and I rearranged water tanks. The fence section that went down had looked OK the day before - I'm just glad horses weren't in there when it went.
Scout's owner had planned to take him on a trail ride with a friend this morning - the friend showed up with his trailer and off they went - but when I came to the barn at noon, there was Scout, his owner and the vet - Scout had managed to cut the area above his eye open and needed stitches. The friend has a 4-horse slant with mangers, and Scout always seems to get his head where it shouldn't be and somehow cuts himself - this time he really did it. He'd been sedated and stitched, and this afternoon the cut looked pretty good - he always seems to get in trouble but I really don't like mangers in trailers.
Hope everyone's enjoying May, now that we've made it this far!