Monday, September 27, 2010

Maisie Settles In, Dawn Works and Another Horse To Look At

The reports from Tennessee continue to be good - Maisie is settling in, and has been reintroduced to Lily and the herd.  Lily is doing a lot of sheperding and vocalizations - her nickers, small squeals and soft sounds - to claim Maisie.  I'm glad Melissa watches the horses so closely - Maisie wasn't drinking much in her stall, which has always been as issue for her, and is doing better outside.

Sorry, no pictures of Dawn with the Western saddle.  Today we rode bareback, with the snaffle, and she did very well - Charisma and Sugar were both in the ring - Charisma was being lunged, with a lunge whip, and Dawn was happy to stand and watch.  Sugar was trotting and cantering and Dawn was relaxed about it - no ear pinning or other concerns.  We did lots of trot work, with spiral-in/spiral-out work - she did this more easily to the left than to the right which was no surprise, and also some close figure work, with very sharp turns and lots of changes of direction.  It was all fun - there was lots of horse under me, but she was very controlled and rhythmic.

And now, for your viewing pleasure, horse #7, and her ad - comments, please:

12 comments:

  1. Horse 7# looks great although she looks a bit cow hocked.
    But that's not a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I like Horse #7 very much. What a sweet, sweet face. Of course, chestnut mares do have a reputation... so you'd have to meet her to be sure she really is as sweet as she looks. By the way I keep meaning to say that I love the banner shot of Dawn with her dapples. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, first I was going to make a snarky comment about them not cleaning her up for a sale photo--then I read the ad and she that Angel is a roan...My bad.
    She does sound like a sweetie. and looks pretty well put together, as well: good bone, solid looking feet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is very pretty and looks to have wonderful breeding. Lots of pretty horses, I don't envy you having to choose just one! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty well putup and she seems settled.Nothing jumps out at me, but I am one who has to see them in person

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty head, kind expression but .... well, boring. Nothing about her excites me.

    Now #1, #4 and the bay mare who number I can't remember are much more interesting to me. I'm not the one who has to ride the horse though, so I'll shut up now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that Maisie continues to settle in.

    This horse is very sweet and kind looking. She doesn't do anything for me, but she may just be the kind of horse that is really steady and calm so that's something to consider.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's well built and has great bloodlines. I'd travel to take a look at her. Too bad her current owner can't spell, though that really doesn't affect the mare at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like her expression in the pictures but again from the angle of the confo. shot it is hard to do a good evaluation. Something about her expression really does lead to me to believe she is a real steady eddy type. I will admit it is hard for me to get past all of the misspellings in the ad, makes me wonder what else is getting messed up. I know that is a stupid and shallow attitude on my part though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad Maisie continues to settle in :)

    It's always so hard to comment on horse ads (always remembering this was/is someone's pride and joy), so I just keenly read all the as you've posted so far, and it's been really educational to read up on everyone's comments, especially on QHs. FWIW my favourite thus far had been the buckskin guy, but there's a lot to like about this mare for a closer look. Temperament is everything, as long of course that nothing about her conformation screams impending lameness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry not a fan. I don't like her eye. Just me, She doesn't look soft - not sure how to explain it sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love her color and her stockiness, but her face looks hard and impatient. I'd not take a second look at her if it was me.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - we appreciate it. No spam or marketing comments will be published.