Friday, November 5, 2010

My Other Horse Family

I'm fortunate that my three retired horses (actually two horses and a pony, although Norman doesn't think of himself as small) have a wonderful place to live out their remaining years in peace and comfort, with a climate down in Tennessee that is much better than ours and excellent care.  It is hard not seeing them everyday, but knowing they are well cared for gives me great peace of mind.  So, without further ado, some pictures of my other horse family, from Melissa at Paradigm Farms.

Here is Maisie (on the right), with her friend My Light:


Here is a rare photo of both of my mares - that's Lily in the front and Maisie behind:


And, finally, Norman, Mr. fancy-pants himself, grooming with one of his best girlfriends Lexi:


I didn't ride Pie and Dawn yesterday - it was spitting rain and extremely windy.  I'm hoping to today, although it's pretty cold out there today.  Enjoy your day, and may it include horses!

9 comments:

  1. Love the new top photo!

    Your old ponies certainly get to live their days out in luxury!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Maisie and My Light picture is a keeper. They look so happy together. Lovely Lily - and Norman...well what can you say about that little guy? Cute! How wonderful for your older ones to have such a quality retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really great that you can retire them like that. I think they're already in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow Melissa's blog too and I love seeing pictures of your horses there. It's like I "know" them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Norman gets the big girls! Go Norman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see horses no longer able to work in happy retirement and not discarded. I salute you for giving them such a good life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look very content and happy. I'm sure they're enjoying the warmer weather too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your horses are very lucky to have someone who cares for them, they look like they have a beautiful and happy retirement :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - we appreciate it. No spam or marketing comments will be published.