Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Good Thoughts for the New Year

Juliette at Honeysuckle Faire has done an excellent series of pages that I recommend you read - they're about important things that all of us deal who have horses deal.  Juliette works on retraining TBs, but the things she writes are applicable to all of us, I think.  Although each of us may have a somewhat different goals with our horses, or go about things in a slightly different way, there's a lot in there to learn from.  The first page is about a philosophy of retraining, and really about how to build a relationship with your horse.  The second page is about finding confidence with horses - and I'll bet there isn't a rider out there who hasn't struggled with issues of this kind - particularly us adult reriders or new riders, or those who've had problems or wrecks with their horses.  She also has a third page on her philosophy of horsekeeping - with one really excellent link on winter horse care, and a fourth page on helpful books - there are a couple listed that I'm going to run right out and buy.

Sit down with a cup of coffee, enjoy your reading, and be sure to leave her a comment if you like what she's written.  I've also created a new sidebar with links to these posts (for my own convenience as well as yours) so they'll be available for rereading, and she also has sidebars on her blog.

Thanks, Juliette!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the links Kate, I've just read one of the posts. Really thoughtful.

    Very Happy New Year to you and the horses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pointers. i'll have to go check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kate. It looks promising and since I'm in a place where reading is one of the things I can do to occupy my time this will be on my list.

    Regards,

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the links - I've been looking for more to read lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate - Your blog has helped me get through more than one tight spot in the training department! Thank you for the kind post and links over to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm definitely going to sit down and read a bit when I get a chance! I love her posters, too. The ones she did of Noble are very, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's a great idea what she did. I definitely need to find some time and sit back and read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Juliette. She is such a breath of fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kate, Thanks for mentioning the pages on Juliette's blog. I've started reading them and they are quite informative and helpful. It is so good for us to always be learning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - we appreciate it. No spam or marketing comments will be published.