Friday, April 12, 2013

Help Horse Charities

I will be donating my old truck and trailer - they're at least 10 years old, but low mileage and well-maintained - to Helping Hands Healing Hooves in Cedarburg, Wisconsin (where my trainer, Heather Burke, is based) - this is the therapeutic riding program at Black Star Farm, that serves clients with disabilities as well as veterans and current military members.  If you are in a position to do so - and I realize many are not - consider making a donation, however small, in cash or in kind, to a horse charity that you like - a rescue, a therapeutic riding program, or any other horse charity that suits you - every dollar counts to organizations like these.

5 comments:

  1. Riding for the Disabled, (RDA) is a big thing here, donations in kind are usually the done thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this Kate, and your generosity. Watched their video, it was hard to keep a dry eye. Some people & horses do amazing things

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great donation! I am sure they will be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats very kind and generous of you! More people should follow suit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so amazing! Thanks for sharing about this option, I don't think it's one that many people think about when supporting their local horse charities and rescues. Some people I've talked to don't seem to think horse rescues and charities need donations at all - like there is just some anonymous billionaire funding it all, when the reality is that most are hanging on by the skin of their teeth to support the horses they take in. I just started my own blog, and I'd love it if you'd take a look! Thanks a bunch, I look forward to reading more of your posts. http://meganafischer.weebly.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - we appreciate it. No spam or marketing comments will be published.