Monday, June 10, 2013

Dawn: Sweet Sixteen

Today is Dawn's 16th birthday - happy birthday to a wonderful mare!  Here's a selection of my favorite photos of her.  We've had Dawn since she was 4 and just off the racetrack.  She's the plainest of plain packages - all bay with no markings at all - all of her bling is due to her personality!  She's been my teacher now for 4 years, and the experience has been invaluable for my horsemanship.

Dawn was (and still is) my younger daughter's horse - she's accepted me as her person too and will even do her nose rests with me now, but this photo shows how close she and my daughter are:


This photo shows how alert she can be:


She has a wonderful black velvet nose:


This photo gives an impression of what a wise mare she is:


Here's looking at you!


20 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Dawn! She's not plain. Her beautiful nose gives her her unique character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually prefer the ones in plain packages - there's only one white foot in my three current riding horses.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday! I have a throughbred mare, Gigondas, but she never raced. Too bad because she has the desire to RUN! Cheryl Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, beautiful mare! She is lovely! Her softness comes through in your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, she's not plain! My Quarter Horse is a Bay, of course he has a star, small stripe and snip, but some people have told me he is too plain. People were shocked when I was so excited about a plain bay when all I talked about was those gorgeous dappled, blingy horses, but his personality makes him so amazing and the opposite of plain! And everyone agrees! Happy Birthday Dawn!!!! Mine just turned 11. :) They grow up so fast. :')
    Www.Sittinginthesaddle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is such a beautiful horse! I love how you say that your horses are your teachers. May we never stop learning from them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful horse. Happiest of birthdays.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Dawn!! May your feed tub be full of carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big hugs to Dawn for her birthday. Great photos....I especially love the one with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday, beautiful Dawn! I love her velvety nose...I just want to kiss it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dawn is a far cry from plain. Happy birthday beautiful mare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I commented above, I'm partial to horses that come in plain packages.

      Delete
  11. Happy Birthday to a sweet, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How Can She Be Called Plain? Her Expressions Are Terrific. That Velvety Black-Heart Shaped-Muzzle Is The Best!
    HAPPY DAY DAWN MARE!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Personally I love either a plain bay or a blinged out bay! Happy sweet 16 to Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I sure hope Dawn had a lovely 16th birthday...she really is a thoughtful and beautiful mare.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated birthday to the lovely Dawn girl. What a beautiful horse she is!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - we appreciate it. No spam or marketing comments will be published.