Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pasture Photos on a Sunny Day

Sometimes on the weekends, I have the time to take some photos in the pasture.  It was a beautiful, sunny day today, so when I went to retreive Pie from the pasture - he's up to 4 hours of grazing and doing just fine - I took my camera along and got some fun pictures of the boys.  So, without further ado . . .

Red hindquarters:


Red legs and feet:


Red silouette:


Pie hindquarters:


Pie legs and feet:


Pie scratches himself:


Pie hind feet:


Red approaches:


Red profile:


Red scratches - love the shadow:


Red (left) and Pie (right) together:


Pie in shadow:


Pie in sunlight:


Red tail flip:


Pie head and leg close up:


Red next to a very large friend:


Pie bites the grass:


Red in sunlight:


Hope you enjoyed our photo shoot!

9 comments:

  1. Great shots of horses just being horses. And no "nose closeups!" Well done. *G*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a (blurry) nose closeup of Red - it's unavoidable - but I deleted it.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures. I love the last! How tall is Red?? His build looks similar to my Red, a Quarter Horse, but he looks a little shorter than mine. Mine is 15.3, last time I measured, but he's been gaining weight-he was quite skinny when I got him-and has grown about 3 inches since September, so he could be up to 16 HH now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kalin - my Red is just 15 hands. The tall horse next to him in one of the photos is 17.3. Pie is about 15.3, I think - he might be 16 hands.

      Delete
  3. Gotta love a copper red chestnut! , nice behinds too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I've got readers who appreciate a nice set of (horse) hindquarters ! (My husband, who is not horsey, just thinks it's weird . . . )

      Delete
  4. Your boys look gorgeous, shiny and happy! They certainly do live the life of Riley. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good pictures, really nice to see the horses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do appreciate a good rear end! Your boys definitely fit the bill :). It's nice to see them in their free time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - we appreciate it. No spam or marketing comments will be published.