Saturday, December 14, 2013

On Springs

All three horses were on springs today - don't know what about the weather got everyone going.  All three horses were very, very good, despite their excess energy.  Dawn was very forward and not particularly relaxed, Red was extra forward and very distractible and felt like a bundle of nerves, and Pie was unusually forward (for him) which made our ride very easy for me - I just had to direct his energy.  Both Dawn and Red held things together for me, but we didn't get a whole lot of softness going.  Maybe it was the snow that fell all day, or the much colder weather that we've got coming tomorrow, or that I was a bit tired - who knows?  I'm just glad they all were such excellent horses.

3 comments:

  1. Mine were a little amped up too! Who knows. :) Maybe its warmed up enough to feel a little frisky and not just cold weather survival mode. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Pie was springy too - no ride for me on him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the springs were under your control. Now, if we could only generate that kind of energy when we wanted it.....we'd all have Grand Prix horses!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - we appreciate it. No spam or marketing comments will be published.