Monday, March 10, 2014

Back to Normal

Dawn, that is . . .

After her extreme maneuvers of Friday, I wasn't sure which horse would show up today, after an additional two days off.  I retrieved her from turnout, and we did our normal grooming and tacking up routine.  Lots of nose rests and muzzle wraps, and she wasn't at all irritable about tacking up.  Just to be on the safe side, I put her on the lunge at the beginning, but things were back to normal.  She trotted around in a fairly relaxed manner, and was able to do nice walk/trot/walk/halt transitions within minutes.

So we bridled up and I got on.  We didn't work too long as she hasn't been ridden in weeks - about 10 minutes of walking followed by 5 minutes of trot work.  She was fine with everything, and back to being herself.

The alien, psycho, hormonal mare who'd taken over Dawn's body had left the building . . . we'll see if she reappears when Dawn comes back into heat, but we should be good for now.

More on train cars later . . .

2 comments:

  1. I love mares-from a distance. Haha!! I love having my mini mares but I don't think I could handle a big ole hormonal mare! I'll keep my gelding, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so pleased you're bogging again - these latest are compelling reading and they've made a direct difference to the way I see and do things with my horsey pal :) thanks x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - we appreciate it. No spam or marketing comments will be published.