Sunday, August 24, 2014

Openings

Today, when I was riding Pie, I tried to approach lateral work - bending through the corners, circles, leg yield, etc. - with the thought of giving him precise openings to move into.  Rather than thinking of  leg as pushing him over - which creates a brace - thinking of leg as a very soft cue, with my body - upper body/posture/head/focus open and allowing for forward, and outside leg creating just the right amount of freedom for him to move into.  Pie approves.

1 comment:

  1. It always amazes me how just a thought can change things. You describe things so well, makes it easy to add to my own program. I get a lot of inspiration from you, Kate, and knowing that you are an aficionado of Mark Rashid really makes me want to audit one of is clinics. Wish he did some closer to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - we appreciate it. No spam or marketing comments will be published.